Grant for Travel
NIDA – ISAM 2018
GRANT IN AID OF TRAVEL FOR YOUNG INVESTIGATORS
Two grants in aid of travel have been approved between ISAM and NIDA (National Institute of Drug Abuse) which would enable the subsidizing of Young Investigators to Busan, South Korea to attend and present at the 2018 ISAM Annual Meeting November 3-6, 2018
The $2500 US grant is to offset costs associated with Young Investigators presenting at the 20th ISAM 2018 Annual Meeting in Busan, Korea. Registration may be paid directly from the grant for successful applicants. ISAM membership dues will be deducted from the award if applicable. The funds from the grant will be presented at the Annual General Meeting, the Gala Dinner or the Closing Ceremony depending on the program. The successful applicant will be responsible for booking hotel, travel, visa for entry into the country if applicable, medical/travel insurance and any other general expense.
- Be affiliated with organizations with the capability/history of addiction research, teaching &/or treatment
- Be involved in addiction research, and/or clinical and teaching activities in field of addiction
- Show promise of developing future research
- Present their current research at the ISAM 2018 meeting
- Have sufficient language knowledge to present in English
- Some preference will be given to neighbouring low and low middle-income countries
- Fellows may not have received ISAM grant-related travel support in the past year
- The NIDA-ISAM grant in aid of travel will only be awarded once per individual
- Age limit for Young Investigator is 45 years old or younger
Application Must Include:
- Abstract: “objectives, methods, results and conclusions” model is expected
- Short curriculum vitae including birthday and list of publications (max two pages)
- Two letters of reference (in English) stating (1) benefits of the applicant to his/her further research and/or clinical practice or teaching, and (2) potential contribution to home country in case of attending the meeting. [Selection Committee members are not eligible to write a reference]
- Estimation of travel costs.
Application procedure – (Incomplete or delayed applications will not be considered)
A cover letter or email with contact information including mailing information and the other documentation can be sent via email to ISAM.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for application is July 1st, 2018
- CV: affiliations to addiction-related organizations, training research or teaching in addiction, age,
- Quality of Abstract: objectives, methods, results, conclusions
- Potential contribution to home country
- Potential for ISAM growth
- Travel Costs
The Selection Committee will be comprised of the Grant Principal Investigator and the NIDA Grant Liaison
Participants are advised to arrange adequate cover for travel and health insurance before departing from their home country. The organizers do not accept any liability for personal injuries or for loss or damage to property belonging to meeting participants, either during or as a result of the event.